Common Skin Problems In Women
Best Skin Care Clinic in Sarjapur Road |Common Skin Problems In Women
Flawless skin is what all women desire. Due to hormonal changes, skin problems are common in women when compared to men. Reproduction and various other stages of life-related to lifestyle, genetic and environmental factors are the reasons why skin problems are common in women. However, the severity of the problem may vary from person to person. It can be either temporary or permanent and both painful and painless. Few of them are also life-threatening, and therefore it is always advisable to consult a skin specialist whenever a problem arises.
Causes of Skin Problems in Women
The leading causes of various skin problems in women are:
- Virus and bacteria trapped in the skin pores and hair follicles
- Fungus, microorganisms, or other parasites that reside on the skin
- Weak immune system
- Allergens, irritants from another person whose skin is infected
- Thyroid and kidney disorders get reflected on the skin
- There are other unknown causes also that are linked with certain skin diseases
Minor Skin Issues in Women
- Acne: Acne is breakouts on the skin that has cysts, nodules, deep blackheads, and whiteheads. It is located on the face in general and, at times, is also found in the neck, chest, shoulder, and upper back. These tend to leave a scar and darken the affected areas when left untreated.
- Cold Sore: This is a blister that is filled with fluid and is often red. It appears near the mouth and lips and very frequently burns. In many cases, this outbreak is accompanied by mild flu symptoms, body temperature, joint pain, and swollen lymph nodes.
- Blister: A blister is a clear area filled with water under the skin. It may be any size and even more extensive than one centimeter. It may occur alone or even in groups and anywhere in the body.
- Hives: Hives are itchy raised welts that occur anywhere in the body. They are round, small, ring-shaped, or even at times, in random shape. These are red and painful to touch. Hives occur due to exposure to an allergen.
- Latex allergy: Rashes occur immediately after the skin gets exposed to a latex product. This condition requires medical help as it develops warm, itchy, red wheals and dry crusts on repeated exposure. For such people, airborne latex will cause cough, sneezing, running nose, and itchy eyes. In severe cases, it is seen to cause difficulty in breathing with swelling.
- Eczema: Eczema is either a yellow or white scaly patch that flakes off and causes hair loss in the affected areas. The affected areas will form itchy, greasy, and oily red skin.
How to Treat Skin Disorders in Women?
Most skin diseases are treatable, and there are a few that go away with time. But with good hygienic practice, a good diet, and small lifestyle changes can bring tremendous changes in the skin. However, the frequently adapted treatment techniques for most skin problems are:
- Medicated creams and ointments
- Oral steroids
- Vitamin injections
- Laser therapy
How to Prevent Skin Problems in Women?
One cannot prevent genetic skin diseases, but other skin disorders can be prevented. Tips and hacks are:
- Avoid direct contact with people with a skin infection
- Do not share personal items like blankets, utensils, hairbrushes, and swimsuits with other people
- Get a good night sleep for at least seven hours every day
- Wash the hands frequently with soap and warm water and use a cleanser for the face
- Drink lots of water and consume a nutritious diet
- Avoid stress and other emotional problems
- Make use of skin moisturizer
Proper skincare will treat and manage most skin conditions. But there are specific permanent and severe skin problems, and they need attention and a doctor’s advice. Most importantly, it is essential for any individual to self-analyze the symptoms and consult an expert to take other treatment methods.
To know more from Best Skin Care Clinic in Sarjapur Road, Visit our Social Media Site Facebook
And also, look into Our other Skincare Blogs: